The number of bicyclists seen on the road is rapidly growing due to numerous factors such as the high price of oil, environmental awareness and growing consciousness of fitness and healthy living. Regardless of motivation, more people are choosing to travel by bike instead of drive when possible and the one downside to this health conscious and green method of getting around is the risk of being injured in a bicycle accident due to the actions of a negligent driver. Illinois law affords cyclists similar rights in traffic as another vehicle and the failure of a motorist to notice a bicyclist or to yield the right of way can result in serious injury. The Chicago Injury Center is a law firm dedicated to representing the interest and needs of clients who have been injured in these types of accidents. At Chicago Injury Center, our bike accident attorneys are committed to ensuring that you receive the maximum compensation that you are entitled to under Illinois tort law.
Common Injuries Sustained in Bike Accidents
A collision between a motor vehicle and a bicyclist can cause serious harm due to the amount of force exerted on the person riding the bicycle during the moment of impact. The additional impact against the ground or other objects can further injure the cyclist. The injuries sustained include the following.
- Simple or compound fractures that can occur during the collision or if the bicyclist should crash into the ground or motor vehicle after being thrown from the bicycle.
- Lacerations caused by the vehicle, the ground or debris.
- Injuries to the back, neck or spine should the cyclist impact an object head first.
- Brain damage caused by trauma to the head during the accident.
- Death as a result of one or more of the injuries listed above.
Seasoned Chicago Bike Accident Attorneys Representing Your Interests in Your Time of Need
Medical care for injuries caused by driver negligence can be expensive and often places an unneeded burden on the victim of a bicycle accident and his or her family. The attorneys at Chicago Injury Center specialize in personal injury law and our attorneys have personal experience and success with serious bicycle accident cases in Chicago and throughout Illinois. Here are some of the things that one of our practice’s personal injury lawyers can do for you.
- A qualified attorney can help you with your insurance claim and ensure that both your insurance company and that of the driver offers you a fair settlement. Our attorneys will also be able to review any offers that you receive and tell you whether they represent your better interest.
- Our lawyers have access to medical experts who can properly evaluate the cost of initial treatment and ongoing care so that we are able to pursue damages that accurately represent the cost of your care, time off of work and pain and suffering when we settle or bring your case to court.
- The Chicago Injury Center can guide you through every step of your recovery and answer all of your questions regarding your legal rights and options so that you are never alone in the process and know exactly what to expect.
If you have been injured in a Chicago bicycle accident, contact us today so that we can go to work representing your interests. Our consultations are free and so are our services if we are unable to collect or settle on your behalf.
We encourage you to speak to our Illinois bike accident attorneys before you have any contact with a drivers insurance company. As an injured cyclist, you must recognize the fact that the you interests and those of the insurance company are very much adverse from the moment an incident occurs. Getting input from attorneys who have experience litigating and setting hundreds of bicycle accident cases in the Chicagoland area is you assurance that your legal rights are protected from the start.