Our Chicago personal injury attorneys have helped thousands of individuals and families recover compensation for serious personal injury and wrongful death matters arising in across the State of Illinois. Below is a series of recent recoveries for clients.
If you believe you may have a case, we welcome the opportunity to speak with you without cost or obligation. All of our cases are handled on a contingency fee basis where there is only a legal fee charged when there is a recovery for you.
- $3,400,000: Motorcycle accident involving a 38-year-old man who was struck by a company truck making a left turn into his path of travel. Our client suffered a fractured pelvis and bilateral leg fractures. The settlement was from the company’s corporate auto policy and a contribution from the owner of the company.
- $2,535,000: Settlement for a union carpenter who was hit in the head with construction debris while working on a strip mall development in Will County, Illinois. The significance of the injury was not identified until the man was examined by a neurologist who first examined the man three months following the incident.
- $2,000,000: Policy limit recovery for the family of a Chicago bicyclist who was struck and killed by a teenage driver using her parents’ vehicle. After filing a lawsuit, cellular phone records demonstrated that the teen was using her phone immediately before the incident.
- $1,600,000: Awarded via a binding arbitration to a seven-year-old girl who was hit by a neighbor’s car as she was crossing the street one block from her home. After spending nearly two months in the hospital, the girl was able to resume most of her activities.
- $1,240,000: Nursing home negligence settlement involving a death of an 80-year-old woman who developed stage 4 bed sores while at a skilled nursing facility following a hip replacement procedure.
- $1,000,000: Settlement for the family of a young woman was killed when her car was rear-ended while stopped at a traffic light. The recovery was help in a trust account for her son until his 18th birthday.
- $800,000: Awarded to a 35-year-old mother who required a cervical fusion after getting struck by a semi-truck on an Illinois highway. The case was settled within one year of the crash.
- $660,000: Medical malpractice settlement for a hospital patient who fell while getting escorted to the bathroom following a heart surgery.
- $590,000: Mediation award to a pedestrian who suffered an ankle fracture when she was crossing a street with a traffic signal.
- $405,000: Dog bite recovery for a boy who suffered significant facial bites from a Rottweiler while visiting the home of a family friend. The boy required three facial reconstructive surgeries.
- $250,000: Ladder fall accident for an air conditioning repairman who was using a ladder supplied by a general contractor. An examination of the ladder revealed the it had been negligently repaired prior to the incident.