The incorporated town of Cicero, Illinois is a part of Cook County. Al Capone is one of the town’s most notorious residents of the past, moving his criminal empire to Cicero from Chicago many decades ago in the hope of minimizing interaction with the Chicago Police Department. Today, with nearly 85,000 residents, the town has a high population density with its small landmass of under six square miles.
Visitors and residents of Cicero have access into the Chicagoland area along I-55 and I-290 heading east and west. The Beltline Railroad and BNSF Railway run through the center of town where commuters can take the Metro railway line between Chicago’s Union Station and Aurora with a stop in close proximity to 26th Street and Cicero Ave. The town’s main attraction is the Hawthorne Race Course located in both Stickney and Cicero.
Hiring Cicero Personal Injury Attorneys
Have you suffered injuries because of an inefficient medical procedure or treatment? Many Chicago area patients who are the victim of medical malpractice hire Cicero personal injury attorneys to seek financial compensation for their damages and losses. This is because medical errors are caused by negligence or the carelessness of doctors, nurses, and other healthcare providers.
Personal injury attorneys who specialize in medical malpractice cases can file a claim or lawsuit against all responsible parties, including the medical facility or hospital where the injury or wrongful death occurred. In addition to obtaining compensation for your medical expenses, lost wages, damages, pain and suffering, your lawyer can also seek recompense for partial or permanent disability benefits based on the severity of your injuries.
Common Medical Malpractice Cases
The injuries involved in medical malpractice cases are wide ranging. Even so, there are common errors made by doctors, surgeons, nurses and nurse’s aides at hospitals and medical facilities throughout the Chicago area. These common errors often include:
- Delayed diagnosis or misdiagnosis
- Damage to other organs during surgical procedures
- Surgeries performed on the wrong body part or wrong patient
- Leaving surgical instruments and materials in the patient’s body at the end of a surgical procedure
- Birth defects and childbirth injuries
- Mistreatment or negligence of the patient
- Prescribing harmful medications
- Failing to adhere to proper medical standard of care and established guidelines
- Not providing adequate communication before, during or after a procedure
- Not securing an informed consent from the patient before performing any treatment or procedure
Filing a Third Party Claim
In addition to holding the medical professionals liable for medical malpractice, your attorney might also file a third party claim or lawsuit against additional parties. This can include the medical center or hospital because the facility:
- Hired untrained nurses and nurse’s aides
- Did not provide adequate training to ensure that all medical professionals follow established protocols
- Operate the facility without adequate staffing
- Not providing quality supervision for medical professionals in charge of monitoring the patient
Chicago Injury Center
Medical malpractice cases involve complicated Illinois tort law, rules and procedures. To ensure you receive adequate recompense, it is crucial to hire Cicero personal injury attorneys skilled in medical malpractice cases. The Chicago Injury Center website offers valuable resource information on how to best proceed in a medical malpractice case. The website can also connect you with competent medical malpractice lawyers to assist you in seeking financial compensation.
Our Cicero personal injury lawyers at accept claims and lawsuits on contingency to avoid the need for paying any upfront legal fees. All legal representation is paid only from a successful lawsuit or out-of-court settlement. Our law firm offers free no obligation consultations to discuss the merits of your medical malpractice claim and can provide a variety of legal solutions to hold those negligent accountable for their actions.