The village of Tinley Park, Illinois is located mostly in Cook County. With a small landmass of just over 16 square miles, the heavily populated area has more than 56,000 residents. As a southern suburb of Chicago, the Potawatomi tribe occupied the area before Europeans, Americans and Canadians settled in the area in the 1820s.
Tinley Park has more than 30 businesses and major attractions that include:
- Bronzeville Children’s Museum
- Hollywood Park – Crestwood
- Nathan Manilow Sculpture Park
- Tinley Park Museum and Historical Society
- Gaylord Building
Commercial truckers, passenger vehicle drivers and motorcycle riders have access in and out of Tinley Park along city streets and state highways 6 and 45 in addition to I-80. Because of its dense population and close proximity to the downtown Chicago Metropolitan area, the village has more than its fair share of motorcycle accidents.
Tinley Park Personal Injury Lawyers
Most motorcycle injury lawsuits are filed over accidents involving some type of error when making a left-hand turn. In many incidences, commercial truckers and passenger vehicle drivers neglect to yield to motorcyclists who have the right-of-way when approaching an intersection. Many motorcyclists that are injured in the Chicago area will hire Tinley Park personal injury lawyers who specialize in motorcycle vehicle accidents. With an attorney on their side, the legal representation ensures they receive adequate compensation for their injuries and losses including damage to the motorcycle involved in the accident.
Even though the city roads and highways in Tinley Park provide easy access to the best places in Chicagoland, drivers and truckers often drive recklessly around motorcycle riders. In fact, motorcycle riding in the Chicago area can be more hazardous than driving a car or truck even when the traffic is minimal. Nearly every type of motorcycle accident is preventable as long as other motorists and truckers follow the rules of the road when driving.
Collisions Involving Left Hand Turns
In most situations, the trucker or motorist will cause an accident when performing illegal left hand maneuvers on city streets and highways. Often times, a motorcyclist is hit when the car or truck operator:
- Outruns a turn signal that is about to change red from yellow
- Irresponsibly passes other motorists who have halted for oncoming traffic
- Fails to provide the legal right-of-way to others while driving through the intersection
- Turns left into the pathway of an approaching motorcycle believing they have sufficient time or because they fail to see the motorcycle altogether
- Fails to maneuver the car or truck properly when the glare of the sun minimizes their ability to clearly see out the windshield
- Makes illegal maneuvers when a vehicle or object obstructs their forward view
Hiring an Attorney
Hiring a skilled lawyer is beneficial to ensure you receive adequate recompense for the injuries you have endured. Even though most motorcyclists drive defensively in an effort to combat irresponsible car or truck operators, accidents still happen. When injured in a motorcycle accident, most bike riders will hire Tinley Park personal injury lawyers who specialize in motorcycle collisions.
The law firm can ensure that you receive substantial compensation to pay for a variety of expenses including:
- Ongoing medical bills and hospitalization
- Additional follow-up surgeries and treatments to ensure you heal properly
- Recovery of all lost earnings from missed work due to the accident
- Motorcycle repair or replacement
- Intangible damages including pain, suffering, depression, mental anxiety and emotional distress
The Chicago Injury Center website offers important information on how to file a claim or lawsuit against all irresponsible drivers who cause a motorcycle accident. Our attorneys at offer free no-obligation consultations to discuss every legal option to seek financial compensation from all parties responsible for your accident.