Located in the north-central section of Illinois along the Wisconsin border, Winnebago County is home to nearly 300,000 residents. Formed in 1836, the county got its name from the Native American Winnebago tribe.
With a landmass of just over 500 square miles, the county is adjacent to Rock, Boone, DeKalb, Ogle, Stephenson and Green counties. Major cities within Winnebago County include Rockford, South Beloit and Loves Park along with eight villages, five unincorporated communities and 14 townships.
Visitors and residents have access to Illinois and Wisconsin on interstates I-39 and I-90 along with U.S. Highways 20 and 51. Higher education is available through Rock Valley College.
Hiring Winnebago Personal Injury Attorneys
Sustaining an injury in a car accident in Winnebago can be life threatening or catastrophic. As a result, many victims suffering injuries or surviving family members burying a loved one killed in an accident will hire Winnebago personal injury attorneys to file a claim for compensation.
In many accidents, victims are killed or suffer serious injuries for numerous reasons that could include:
- Not wearing a seatbelt at the time of the accident
- Sustaining a head on collision that directly impacts the driver or passenger
- Being involved in a collision at high speed
- Riding in a vehicle without properly equipped air bags that were not deployed
- Severe blunt force trauma
- Sustaining a severe puncture wound from shattered glass or loose objects upon impact
Common Car Accident Injuries
- TBI (Traumatic Brain Injury) – Suffering a severe blow to the head can be a debilitating will they can easily take the life of the victim days, weeks or months after the accident. This is because the blow typically produces a traumatic brain injury where brain matter and tissue moves about inside the skull during impact. The injury causes the brain to bruise, bleed or swell. In many incidences, TBI is not initially diagnosed or suspected until long after the accident.
- Spinal Cord Injuries – Damage to the spinal cord can cause serious injury to the ligaments holding it together. Bone fragments and disk material can easily bruise or tear the spinal cord destroying axons, the tiny nerve cells used to transport electric signals in and out of the brain. Severe damage to the spinal column can cause sensory loss of function and feeling along with permanent or temporary paralysis.
- Nerve Injuries – Whiplash is a serious condition in vehicle accidents. While most drivers believe it occurs only when hit from behind, whiplash can actually happen in an impact from any direction. If a cervical disc dislocates, healing usually requires extensive surgery followed by chiropractic care and ongoing rehabilitation.
- Facial Injuries – Facial disfigurement is a common problem in people suffering from a vehicle accident when there had is in close proximity to air bags, steering wheel, windshield and dashboard.
Filing a Claim
If you, or a loved one, have suffered serious injuries in a vehicle accident that was not your fault, you have the legal right to file a claim for compensation. The Chicago Injury Center provides valuable information on how to seek compensation from every party responsible for your injuries. Our skilled attorneys can assist you in filing a claim or lawsuit to ensure you receive adequate recompense for your medical bills, lost wages, funeral expenses, pain, suffering, paralysis and disfigurement associated with the accident.
Call our law offices at today, to schedule your no obligation, free initial consultation with our car accident Winnebago personal injury attorneys. Our lawyers will review the merits of your case to provide a variety of legal options to seek compensation from other drivers at fault along with any additional third party that might also be responsible for your accident with injuries.
We accept all of our personal injury cases on contingency, where our fees are only paid if we reach a successful negotiated settlement or when you are awarded compensation by a jury at trial.